Students of the CrossSwords Way train toward excellence in all three wings of the academy: JADE, RUBY, and GOLD.
GOLD represents the development and appreciation of skills of the ancient, mythologically potent, and deadly graceful art of the Sword.
**While this program is included in the GOLD wing for students of the CrossSwords Way, it may also be trained in isolation for those seeking excellence in the New Way of swordsmanship.**
Wanting to train the ancient ways of battle and armed combat? The Mixed-Medieval Arts of Weapons & Swordsmanship is for you.
While members of the full CrossSwords Way train MAWS in of their Knighthood training, this is also offered as a selected service for adults and teens on its own. For those looking to swing swords and spears around, check out M.A.W.S. as a great activity to relieve stress and learn something really cool.
You will Learn:
- CRUCIFORM SWORDSMANSHIP
- This unique style of weapons arts was developed by Headmaster Jared Smith. Influenced by many of the techniques which members also train in rounded isolation, Cruciform Swordsmanship is an entirely “New Way” that encompasses and exceeds a long history of Sword and weapons combat.
- Kenjitsu Swordsmanship
- Japanese swords arts specialized for use of the Katana
- Armazaré Swordmanship
- Italian (& also some German) sword arts incorporating many weapons, primarily Longsword, Dual Weaponry, & Dagger.
- Quarter Staff & Bo Staff
- Long Wooden Blunt object weapon training used as a foundation for movements, and branching into training for Polearms, such as Halberds and Spears.
- Nunchaku, Escrima, Sai, Tonfa, Knife, Blades of all various kinds, and more…!
All Weapons Training incorporates heavy practice (with hardwood training weapons), Sparring and Drilling, Forms & Combative Practice, and eventually graduating into Steel at higher levels.
Want to train like the ancient Samurai, Knights, and Warriors? Come see what the CrossSwords School of Cruciform Arts of Weapons and Swordsmanship has in store.